Wednesday, April 13, 2011

just stitching away

Charm pack runner and hot pad
 Well this last week I have been sewing a bit. I made a charm pack up into a few items to put together for a wedding shower next month. When I talked to the brides mom and found out some colors that she likes and then found them in a charm pack that I had at home I was away. Just knew what I wanted to make with them. I think they are kind a cute. I also like to keep my hands busy when watching t.v. so after knitting a couple pairs of socks this winter I thought I would knit a small sweater just to see how far the two balls of yarn would go. Just far enough only a small ball left over. The girls at work just love it when I bring show and tell as they call it. Now my boss I thinking about working up some of the yarn she has on hand as she has about 8 grandchildren
I as trying hard not to start too many projects until I get a few more caught up.Not as easy as it sounds , I am always on the look out for new projects, I also want to try out the rulers for the classes that I have signed up for at the Switchers Conference put on by Haus of Stitches.    Tonight I did get a start on the square in a square quilt, not sure if you can tell what I am stitching. it is a curly  design something that I have not tried yet I am liking how it is turning out sew far.
Charm pack apron
Square in a square pink and gray quilt at the machine, quilting  started

Toddler sweater  3yr old size
 








Well that's it for now I want to quilt for a little before I toddle of to bed.
Stay in stitches
until next time
Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment