Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August already!!

How did that happen. Summer sure if going by fast, I think I will think of it as half started instead of half over.
We had a great time at the lake this past weekend. time spent with hubby's brother and his wife as well as her sister and her two girls. On Monday hubby's sister came out as well.  We all enjoyed the campfires and tubing on the lake Sunday , the weather was perfect, blue skies no wind and we even found a little bit of a beach to enjoy a swim before boating back to the camp area.
I am off work this week sew I hope to get a few things sewn up and a little reading. I have already made another Summer Daze Tote in two colors for another sample and next I want to start on my girlie's quilt, she is looking forward to it and will be painting her room to go with it.
The book I am reading is one of the Elm Creek Quilts Novel ...... by Jennifer Chiaverini. The Union Quilters. This is book 15 in the series. There are 4  pattern /project books that feature quilts and blocks from the novels. The Union Quilters is based on the civil war in the USA and how the women helped their country men with there talents.
The garden is starting to produce as well, I have been picking cucumbers and zucchini as well as yellow beans. I have to keep on top of picking as there are slugs out there again . Not sure what to do to get rid of them.
and with that said I should go a pick a few more goodies and weed a little, as the chocolate zucchini cake cools.
sew until next time keep in stitches and enjoy your day
Annette

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to believe how quickly the year is going..... I am just getting garden beds ready for spring. I have done the top of the table mat... very easy to do... thanks... I will post it up later this month when I have finished it with my Christmas items....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete