Sunday, August 14, 2011

busy week at home

Well I did manage to get some sewing done,,, for myself. I thought it was about time.
shadow box quilt queen size
I got a good start on my daughter's quilt,Now I just have to sew the sashing strips in between the rows and then a black border and then I have to wait for the last border fabric to come in the mail( ordered from Connecting threads  they have some great prices one many different products for quilting) Looks like I have some cleaning and organizing to do from this picture.
Then I started to work up a little bundle I picked up from walmart  ,   a flannel bundle just right for a baby quilt.

this is what I was able to make from the 4 -1/4 yd cuts with very little left over . This little quilt measures 48 inches square.  I did buy two thinking that they were only fat quarters , sew now I can plan to make another the same of play again and see what I can come up with.

Then I made a little buddy a couple new pencils cases for the start of grade one.... hope he likes them

Last weekend when we were camping I tried to capture a picture of the northern lights but I was not successful ... only dark night skies .
Sounds like a storm brewing out there sew I think it is best to sign off and I will add more in the morning.
stay in stitches
hugs
Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment