Wednesday, November 16, 2011

W I P Wenesday

Well today I have a finish and a w i p  my finish is the sample for a class I was asked to teach. The disappearing 9 patch. I call it a 9 Patch with a twist. I will be giving the students a choice of a runner - 3 blocks or a small quilt - 9- blocks . Just enough to get the technique down. I think it is a easy one, the college wanted one that beginning quilters could make with ease.
I used three small charm packs for this on in country colors from Connecting Threads.( a on line shop with great prices).

the project in the works is another candle mat. I want to finish the one I made as samples for the class I taught last month. They are in Christmas prints sew  I thought they would make some nice gifts for a couple small parties I will be attending.
Other than that I will be getting organized for a make and take at Haus of Stitches in Humboldt that will be held Thursday evening with the Moonlight Madness that the town participates in.  We will be making fabric postcards with a holiday theme. Hopefully we can create some interest and have a few more classes later on. I am told that there is a lot of interest for the make and take already , sew it should be a fun evening.
Sew now that you have reached the bottom of my blog remember to stop by The Needle and Thread Network with the link on my side bar to see what the others have been up to.
Take care and have a great day.
In stitches
Annette

4 comments:

  1. I love your 9 patch with a twist. I know it's country charms, but the layout kind of makes it look modern. Best of both worlds. Tabatha @ Bending Pins (http://bendingpins.com/) is hosting TGIFF! this Friday. It would be fun if you'd link this up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The country colours is what attracts me to this quilt , just love it. Of course I also love the candle mat and have to get myself into gear and get that made reallllllly soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a candle mat! What a cool idea and yours is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful quilt...and I like the colours also...country is a good thing....lol....very nice work

    ReplyDelete