Thursday, December 29, 2011

The week after Christmas


Let it Snow Red work gift
'It's been a busy week with a little sewing on boxing day and a sausage making day on the 27th and then back at work on the 28th. We have had a lot of turkey with the trimmings left over to work on .... it will take a few days and a care package I think to clean them up, just might have to freeze a bit too.

I received my very first piece of red work from Sheila at http://sheilasquiltworld.blogspot.com.
She sure does some very fine stitching.Something I will treasure for sure.

Boxing day project
It sure was nice to have our kids home for the holidays. As most folks find , it sure get quite after they head for their own homes.

Soon we all will be getting back into routine and projects that have been on hold. I have a few to finish up and a few more to get started.I am going to try to get some of the fabric used that I have in my stash before getting more as well as down sizing my magazine collection( must be over 100 for sure )

There are a few things I would like to work on in 2012.
One would be learning and using my EQ7 , as well as working up some of the blocks from the farmer's wife book.

knitting wrist warmers

I also would like to challenge myself to keep up with a bit of knitting and if I can get all the sock yarn worked up maybe knit a sweater for myself.
But I do love the feel of hand knit socks sew maybe the sweater might be for someone smaller. It's early and one can always change their mind.

Well tonight I feel a little tuckered out sew no sewing for me( to many mistakes happen) maybe a cup of tea and a cuddle with a quilt

Until next time
take care
In stitches and hugs of course
                                               Annette

2 comments:

  1. Great red work from Sheila... I love the colours in your boxing day project... happy new year Annette... it's been lovely getting to know you in 2011....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked the red work , I love snowmen too :-) Is the boxing day project the baby quilt? Looks really cute . Socks , now I have to get started on those real soon ,have the wool and the needles just need the courage ;-)Enjoy your day. hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete