Wednesday, January 18, 2012

W. I. P. Wedensday Jan18

Well today my w i p is to get a few other ladies to have their own w i p's.
class samples

class demos
 prepped and ready to go


I will be teaching a class for our Community College here in town. We will be doing what I have called a 9 Patch with a Twist a k a Disappearing 9 Patch. I have made this one for a few years and have enjoyed it and the ease of making it. Sew when I was asked if I could teach a beginner class this is the one I thought of. I have my own directions but have also included some from Rachel at www.psiquilt.com. She did grant me permission to use it in my hand out for the class and I will have a sample made from it there. Quilters are the best .... thanks Rachel.

 Rachel is a busy mom with a lot on the go, but she finds time to quilt , design and share with us. I did participate in quilt along that she had in ......2010 or was it 2009..... the Pinwheel quilt along. I doubled mine up and still want to add some side borders just to make it a little wider.
Pinwheel quilt along in progress


Remember to link up and check out the what the others have been up to at The Needle and Thread Network
Take care out there.... today it is freezing out there -30 before any windchill
In stitches and a warm quilt
Annette

7 comments:

  1. Doing demos for a class is a lot of work! Good luck teaching! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy cold! It's -48C here with the wind. INSANE. THat's what quilts are for! Enjoy teaching and thanks for Linking ; )
    ~Monika
    sewing in Saskatoon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your classes Annette , your blocks look great and I love the pinwheel in progress quilt , I do love pinwheels :-) Stay warm , that sounds dreadful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure the class will love it.. the colours alone are wonderful... I did my first dis 9 patch last year..... great pinwheel quilt aswell...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Annette, it's too bad you had to go out on one of the probably coldest days of the year, but I bet the class appreciated what you had to show them. I love the disappearing nine-patch! I keep looking for other ways to set it, and other techniques that have that "aaahh" moment to them. The pinwheel quilt looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. D9P is one of my favorites - it'll be a great beginner's class! Love the pinwheels!

    ReplyDelete