Wednesday, January 25, 2012

W.I.P. Wednesday

Well not to much to show just a little of the border that I am working on. Two sections down and only 38 to go as well as the corner units. I have given myself a goal date for the end of the month to have the challenge quilt top finished. I just might make it. It all depends on if I keep changing the last border. I think I will try to keep it simple and add only a few details to add to the over all quilt. I will unveil the complete top in April after the dead line has past. I have really enjoyed working on this quilt. It has made me step out of my comfort space and explore and play. I have learned more about my EQ7 program, and I am sure I will learn more as I continue to play with my fabrics.

Tonight is the second part of the D9P class. the ladies should get the tops all ready to quilt and may even try to machine or hand quilt in class. The next set of D9P classes have been set for Feb 8 & 15. I know space is limited sew we will have no more than 8 in the class. I think we are almost half way there.
I learn a little more each time that I teach from the students. And I get a little more comfortable teaching as well. This is also outside my comfort zone ...... but to grow I think you have to at least try.
Sew now I am off to make a couple samples for the class for quilting and binding.
Have a great day ( the sun is shining and the snow is a melting)
Check out my side bar for the link to The Needle and Thread Network to see what the other Canadian Gals have been up to.
in stitches
Annette

7 comments:

  1. Nice colours in your border...love that deep blue.
    nice that you enjoy teaching....

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'only 38'. oh that sounds like such a big job! I've never been great at borders. I like what you said about teaching. I just started 2 yrs ago and I'm getting more and more out of it as I go. ; )
    thanks for linking!
    ~Monika in Saskatoon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty colours in your border. I like to pace myself, too. It's amazing what you can get done if you work towards a goal. I look forward to seeing the completed quilt top. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! I admire your cheerful spirit... I'm with Monika feeling a little less than great at borders, so I'm in awe of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like what I see Annette , really pretty colors too. Hope your class went well. Hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, not quite sure what you are putting together there so will visit again to see your progress! I understand your thought on teaching quilting -- I keep thinking i am a crappy teacher but for some reason they keep asking me to do classes!

    ReplyDelete