Friday, March 9, 2012

a Friday finish

Well yesterday I finally finished Jewels of the Night.
Complete with label and hanging sleeves. I used two shorter sleeves sew that one can use a center support if needed.I thought this would make displaying it at the conference easier, and with out any damage to the quilt.

I had a lot of fun working on Jewels of the Night. It was the First time I have taken part in a challenge. I created my own design and was able to learn more about EQ7 (Electric Quilt 7  Quilt design software )
 When using this software it helps you to put your ides on a quilt layout and change it up as much as you like. You can change color/fabric placement as well.You can print off the yardages needed.  You   also can print off templates , rotary cutting as well as paper piecing .... which ever applies to the block. You do how ever, have to figure out how to put it together.

Sew now I just have to get it entered and over to the shop in Humboldt this month sometime. The deadline is April 15,2012.  Good luck to all who enter.
boxed and ready to go
 I would like to take a few pictures of it first sew that I have them ready to share with you all out there, as soon as the conference starts.
in stitches
Annette

2 comments:

  1. The very best of luck to you in this competition Annette, your work is wonderful and I think you have a great chance of winning this , just beautiful!!! hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I can see is beautiful.....good luck in the contest.

    ReplyDelete