Monday, May 7, 2012

a new project

Well I thought it was about time that I got started on a quilt kit I bought last fall.
It is a square in a square pattern by Jodi Barrows. The pattern is Kisses from your Beloved.


I did get the first block done and will try to get at least one block a night done this week. My friend Joanne has hers put together and it looks great .... my incentive to get -r-done.

block one
quilt layout from the book


I have a few kits on hand and would like tom get them worked up into quilts. As that is what they were bought for, right. I am trying not to buy too much extra at this time sew that I can do just that.

And after that or in the middle of that I want to work up some of the scraps that do not seam to go down in volume. It is amazing what can be made up out of a scrap box. Last winter I made 6 small quilts and I know that there still were a few more in there waiting to be made up.

Today the sun is shining and has me wanting to be outside seeing what we can get done in the yard. Hubby cut the lawns, they are sew green and lush this spring. The Robins are jumping around pulling out worms for there lunch.
That's it for now maybe I'll get block 2 done tonight.
In stitches
Annette

1 comment:

  1. Lovely block Annette , is your quilt going to be scrappy like the photo ?I love sampler quilts . I have at least one kit I need to make up too. Hugs sheila

    ReplyDelete