Thursday, August 30, 2012

August FMQ Challenge

Boy this month slipped away from me......
I only had the chance to do a little practicing with this months challenge and I promise to do more. It is a fun little hat to stitch and with the middle little flame shape it lends itself to more quilting options.
Thanks Wendy for a fun tutorial on a fun little hat that we all can play with .
I can see it a a basic fill on a few of the little quilts that I like to make and give as gifts. A good place to practice and build a skill.


jester hats
jester hats with middle flame


I am linking up with SewCalGal with the Free Motion Quilting Challenge for August
.It's never to late to try out a few of the lessons posted. Some are posted for a limited time and others are still there, They also  have extra bonus lessons as well sew pop on over to check it out.
in stitches
Annette

2 comments:

  1. Looking good, and a good idea to use contrasting thread, it makes it easier to pick out the hats!! I didn't try it with the middle flame - I don't think I am co-ordinated enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really looks great Annette ,I didn't get around to practicing this one at all :-(

    ReplyDelete