Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2012 FMQ Final entry

All good things come to and end ... or maybe it's just the beginning.
I have a little slide show of my samples to show you. I have done samples of each month and also did up the sampler quilt.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a free picture slideshow

I will be practicing more in the new year.... that a given.
I have enjoyed learning the different techniques and using a variety of threads.
Thread can add more color and details to your quilt and not just the pretty stitches.
I have really enjoyed learning more about how to quilt borders.As they are the last step before the binding on a quilt and are the perfect space to show case some special stitching. I find that sometimes I just do some meandering  free motion quilting just to get the quilt done. But now I will give it more thought and planing.
I thought this was a great way to learn more about the many techniques taught and learn more about the threads and battings that are out there waiting for us to give them a try.
I would like to thank SewCalGal and all the experts as well the the sponsors that helped make this all possible for us all year long.
Enjoy your families this holiday season.
in stitches
Annette
I have to thank my daughter for helping me with the smilebox slideshow :0)

1 comment:

  1. You did a wonderful job \Annette...on the quilting and the slideshow.

    ReplyDelete