Wednesday, April 3, 2013

W.I.P. Wednesdays

Sew what have I been up to this week....
a little mending for my son while home for Easter and getting a start on a few crazy blocks for another scrappy quilt. The grad gown is ready for a fitting, sew I am just waiting for the young lady to call to set that up.
2 scrappy blocks

I have been trying to finish up a few other quilts started last year. I have been asked to enter into a art show with some of my smaller art type quilts.
Now that is great incentive to get them done.

I'm sew excited...
This has been a great year of firsts for me, with another that is on the news stands or at least in the mail box today.
The May/June issue of McCall's Quilting


it is showing everyone the winners as well as the 9 finalist's  in each category  from last years Quilt Design Star challenge.
 
It was a great experience and I would encourage you all to give designing a try and see where it could lead you. I also have been enjoying designing a few smaller items and have been working on the patterns for them as well.  The latest one should be ready later this month.
I will be linking up with Monika @ The Needle and Thread Network
Have a great week and sew up a storm.
in stitches
Annette


 

 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your design and being published! I will for sure pick up the mag...actually, my subscription just ended so will go to the brick and mortar. Thank you for sharing and encouraging us to leave the pattern page; something which I don't do at the beginning of a project be many times end up doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete