Tuesday, August 27, 2013

trying to get a few things done

Got them done..... 2 quilt covers.
 Once I got started they were no problem it was just to get started. This summer I was finding it hard to get to my machine or even feel that I had the umph to do any sewing.
I think they turned out pretty good. I did one with a hidden button closure and one with a zipper closure. I also added buttonhole corners inside and put buttons on the quilts corners to help keep them in place. It sure is a nice way to save a quilt or give an older quilt a fresh look.
 
new look for a couple older quilts
buttons to keep them cornered

 I have a few blocks to make for EQ7 Summer Draw along as well as quilting another scrappy quilt. I think my UFO's have grown and it is time to get them cleaned up as well. I think that I am not alone with my UFO's , sew I feel that I am in good company. Now just to get at them with all the extra jobs of the fall and the garden.
                                                           this years syrup is done : )

Last night I also finished up my chokecherries. I made the juice on Sunday and the syrup last night. I think the next job will be corn and tomatoes as well as some bread and butter pickles.  ...... how many days are there in a week ...... sure could use a extra one , or maybe even two to get it all done.
With summer winding down and most of the holidays have been taken at work I should be back to my regular hours next week and then, maybe then I will start to play catch up.
Thanks for stopping by and seeing / hearing what I have been up to
stay......... in stitches
                                Annette


                               Fall is in the air and the crops are getting ready to go in the bin.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you have still been pretty busy ! Now that we finally have some summer weather, it is hard to stay in and sew, isnt it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been very busy Annette and what a great way to keep a cover in place . I never tasted chokecherry juice , is it a sweet juice or tangy ? Sounds like ou have plenty to keep you busy for a,while . Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete