Tuesday, October 8, 2013

under construction...........

Well at the moment I have a few projects that are Under Construction .... or W.I.P.'s
I have started my Wicked item for my post on the 29 th of October. I have also found another idea to do as  a little extra that ties into the theme and uses up a few of those scraps that we tend to have in an ever growing supply. I have had this one on a back burner for a while ....... do you recognize the block? Let's see how many I can get done before I post for Wicked.

1/4 of the block
 


the first one finished












But the main project at the moment is" Painted Prairie ".... the painted quilt that 3 of us are working on to get the free motion quilting done. It was painted by 5 different artists, from the Watrous and Manitou Beach area. It is a whopper of a wall hanging. 50 x 100 inches.
We are over half done the quilting as of tonight. We have 4 of the skies to quilt and then  the borders and binding. I am thinking we could get it to the binding point be the end of the week if all goes well.

I have been working with a couple of great ladies, both have had excellent input on how we should do the quilting and are jumping in to do some of it as well. I know that we could not have gotten this far with out working as a team....... Thanks sew much Elaine and Marla.
I am linking up with Monika and The Needle and Thread Network . Stop over to see what else is on the worktables this week.
In stitches
         Annette

4 comments:

  1. Oh you have been busy , is that called the spider web block? Looking good . Your painted prairie project is really coming along well and looks terrific , sounds like a real fun project !

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely projects.. I do like the prairie project - so interesting.... I have done spider blocks but I love the soft coloured centre you have chosen...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your spider web....and the painting is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the scrappy stripes! Whether named spider web or something else it is always a winner! The prairie project looks to be a real challenge, cooperative help makes that sort of thing a joy to create!

    ReplyDelete