Monday, November 18, 2013

Sew what have I been up too lately....

I have gotten started on sew a few projects for the holidays and a late wedding gift.
I was working with these fabrics left over from last years holiday sewing.
just a peak for now

I wanted to make a special couple something quilted and after talking to one of the moms this is what I made for the couple

matching Christmas stockings.

This weekend I thought I should get started on a set of baby quilts and came up with this twin set of quilts.
I used a pattern on the Moda Bake Shop site....... sew many great patterns there.
I could not get the charm and jelly roll combo but with a little figuring a layer cake set worked well.
Now I am quilting them and hopefully I could have them done by the end of the week.
I have also made a couple of post cards for a Holiday swap that Sheila from Sheila's Quilt World has organized. When I receive them in the mail I will do another post with a show and tell.
                                            oh my.... just a peak here too.....
                                                    glad to say it is looking better already
                                             as I have done a little cleaning and putting away

When I look around in my sewing space I am thinking that I will not be buying very much new fabric for a while. I have a number of bought kits and some that I have put together and of course there is always the UFO's that are waiting. Sew starting now I plan on working up what I have and I will try to keep a record of what I can get made out of my STASH.

And what new this week    Blogathon Canada  
Blogathon Canada has begun
http://sewsisters.blogspot.ca/p/blogathon-canada-2013.html
be sure to check it out and see what's going on across Canada in blog land

in stitches until next time
Annette


4 comments:

  1. The Christmas stockings are wonderful. What a thoughtful gift. Also love that pattern for a baby quilt. great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stockings Annette , the couple will love them and the baby quilts are adorable , you have been super busy . Hey your sewing space looks a little like mine at the moment ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting about Blogathon Canada!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete