Tuesday, December 2, 2014

December has arrived

not sure how it got here sew fast but the calendar was turned to the start of a new month.
                            Welcome December the month that is filled with sew much.
To start of my post I will share the post card I received in the mail from Alice in Nova Scotia .
Alice's post card ..... in the mail today
 We are in the  Christmas post card swap that Sheila organize. I have also swapped with a gal in Australia.
the post card I sent to Alice
I have been working on a sample quilt for the learn to quilt class that I will teach in February here in town at the college .It covers all kinds of piecing  techniques.










I was using up some sock yarn and made up this little pair of socks

then I made up an apron for a friend

and now I will be off to build a stocking for another friend.
Today I will be linking up with  The Needle and Thread Network
Have a great week and enjoy December and all it's business
in stitches Annette

7 comments:

  1. I love that sampler quilt. I pieced a Debbie Mumm's christmas sampler a few years ago, now to quilt it. I would be curious as to how you attempt quilting. I will have to check back. Neat postcards. Exchanges are always fun! It is a good way to see what is happening in the world of quilty crativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have been busy..... lovely sampler quilt and the postcards are great...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous postcards Annette...and love that sampler!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sampler and those cards are really fun! Aprons are big this year it seems. Yours is quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two lovely postcards Annette. The sampler quilt will be a great treasure for your learners and fun to make too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't ever go wrong with a sampler quilt! I am needing motivation for sewing and perhaps your colors have sent me down a new path!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely postcards both sent and received ! Thanks for participating . Love the sampler , that would be a fun class where you would learn lots !! Great apron , and a great gift . hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete