Saturday, August 22, 2015

some stitching for me ....


cat tails and grasses
my try at an arrangement 

Well sort of ..... I did get those tote bags made for my daughter and her kindergarten class. I made 21 one for the teacher and 20 for the kids. This worked up 10.5 m of fabric. I used fat quarters ( 18 x 20 inch) to make them up. I had a few given to me by a good friend who thought this was a great way to use up those ones that had no purpose just yet. There was very little wasted off each fat quarter sew this was a great little project.
all boxed up










Then there was a little mending and   a little label ... here is a peek
the little guy on the top of the label
now it is time to work on class samples as well as make a few Christmas stockings .... some are gifts and some will be samples for the class in November.
I will be teaching a few classes this fall with the first one on the 15 of September. It will be an Attic Window class but with a twist. I am sure the students will like how it goes together.

The next class will be a Free Motion Quilting class. We will be learning the basics and working on sample  quilt sandwiches.
This will be followed by the stocking class and then a couple classes with  a appliqued wall hanging
and another quick wall hanging.

I have also been asked to be a part of a blog hop for Halloween ...... that should be a haunting good time.
Sew that's all for now ...... I have missed being in stitches  and sharing with you all.....
enjoy what's left of your weekend
some shy posies
 from my garden
in stitches
Annette


3 comments:

  1. Hello Annette...nice to hear from you again. is a busy time of year for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of bags to make and I know they will be greatly appreciated too :-) Good for you having so many classes set for the fall that should keep you busy for a while . Wish I was closer to take the FM class from you .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a lot of bags - and a lot of fabric! Lovely little elephant. xx

    ReplyDelete