Tuesday, February 13, 2018

One Challenge done and a new one begun

Ruler work
Well the ruler work class that Patsy Thompson posted in the month of January is complete. Now to make my sample into a pillow. After doing the ruler work we filled in the empty spaces with some free motion quilting and some hyper quilting which is adding additional colors in the same quilting pattern in the same space.

Now that this one is complete i have that there is another quilting class online hosted by Angela Walters on her blog quilting is my therapy. You can either quilt on your own sandwiches, a quilt you have or pieced the quilt that she has posted on her blog which is what she will be working on over the next 10 weeks. I have my sample made using up leftover Fabrics from past projects. It's great to use up some of those.
Somehow my block didn't quite measure up so to make the quilt a little bigger I added an extra border. It may have been my setting on the printer.
It'll be nice to see it finished up with the different styles of quilting patterns in the blocks and in the background spaces. I am looking forward to a little playtime with Angela.

There is still time to do either. Sew join in on the fun and get some fmq practice in.
In stitches.
Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment